Of all the summer activities Big Sky offers, ziplining is among the most fun. Soaring above the trees around Big Sky gives zipliners a rush of excitement and amazing views of the surrounding mountains. The ziplines around Big Sky are a must for a summer vacation in Big Sky Country.
There are two amazing zipline locations around Big Sky, Big Sky Base Camp, and Yellowstone Aerial Adventures.
Why Go Ziplining?
- If you’ve never been ziplining there’s nothing to worry about. Ziplining is a perfectly safe activity that has been offered around Big Sky for over 10 years and the zipline guides are well trained and professional.
- The views from ziplines are amazing. Montana has some of the best scenery in North America, so when you get above the trees there are mountains all around.
- Its FUN! Ziplines bring a rush of excitement for any kind of person.
Big Sky Base Camp
Big Sky Base Camp offers 2 different zipline experiences, the Adventure Zipline Tour and the Nature Zipline Tour. One cool part about Big Sky’s zipline tours is that they offer them during both winter and summer. Both tours take zipliners soaring through the trees under Lone Peak and mainly differ on the height and length of the lines.
Adventure Zipline Tour
- Big Sky’s more extreme tour with longer and higher ziplines going 1500 feet long and 150ft above the forest floor
- Start by taking the Explorer ski lift up onto Lone Peak, where you will descend via 4 adrenaline-pumping ziplines
- The last zipline on the tour is a twin zipline, where you can go side by side with a partner over the Big Sky Base Area
Nature Zipline Tour
- Start the Nature Tour with a short hike up the Moose Tracks trail through a gully where the ziplines are located
- The Nature Tour is Big Sky’s more family-oriented tour, with more seclusion and shorter ziplines
- The 4 ziplines range from 350′ to 500′ low and 30′ to 60′ high.
Yellowstone Aerial Adventures
Yellowstone Aerial Adventures is a self-navigated zipline and adventure park. This means you do not need a guide to use the zipline and high ropes course! Their dual connection system ensures that you are safe at all times during your adventure. Yellowstone Aerial Adventures also offers:
- Closest ziplines to Yellowstone National Park
- Views of Yellowstone Park from the top of the course
- A variety of pass options and packages at great prices
- Buy the Adventure Pass and stay at the park as long as you like
- Food on location
Let us know if you make it to all the ziplines around Big Sky! Enjoy your stay in Big Sky! And stay safe out there!
For more information about Big Sky see our other blog posts at The Best of Big Sky Blog.
Looking for lodging in the Big Sky/Yellowstone area? Check out Saddle Ridge Rentals, the best property management company around!